Trailer Sales Representative - Sioux Falls
Trailer Sales Representative
Location: 5700 N Seubert Ave – Sioux Falls, SD
Inquiries: Phone: (605) 332-3861
Toll Free: (800) 658-3565
Want to be a part of a faced paced environment with a growing company? Join our team of Sales experts!
At Mid-States Utility, our Sales experts sell from an extensive inventory of trailers including refrigerated, dry vans, flat beds, drop deck and Tautliner trailers. We are proud to offer a complete line of new trailer manufacturers including Utility, East, Landoll and FeatherLite trailers. We can meet our customers’ trailer needs from our on-site new and used inventory or order to their specifications. By visiting any one of our four locations a customer has access to one of the largest and best-maintained used trailer inventories in the country featuring all makes and models.
- Maintains close, consistent working relationship with current customers and prospects for new customers to increase sales volume and profitability in sales.
- Frequent personal visits and phone calls to accounts in all product lines is required in addition to keeping accurate records of personnel changes, purchase plans, competitor activity and quote history.
- Maintains a specific strategy for seeking out new customer prospects
- Executes all required details pertaining to sales order, including paperwork, credit information, titles, and collection of funds.
- Ensures the prompt and accurate submission of sales activity reports, expense accounts and other required material
- Maintains a high level of product knowledge through product updates, technology changes and industry trends
- Introduces and promotes new ideas and equipment innovations while constantly seeking ways to reduce customer cost
- Promotes advertising and selling programs and participates in market research activities
- Participates in forecasting sales for brand budgeting purposes
- Attends trade shows, trucking association meetings
- Assists the Office Manager in collection of past due accounts
- Assists the customer with warranty claims
- Transportation background – 3 to 5 years, preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build customer relationships
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Manages time well
- Shows initiative
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- On-the-job training
- Base salary + commission
- Car allowance
- Cell phone
- Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Company provided LTD/Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO & Holiday Pay – accrue up to 9 days of PTO in the first year
- 401(k) eligibility after 6 months of employment
- And more!
Mid-States Utility Trailer Sales, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer