Primary Purpose of the Job: The Parts Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting the parts department in areas such as, inventory control, deliveries, warehouse and the front and back counter.
- Employee must be at work during scheduled hours and demonstrate reliable and predictable attendance.
- Manages inventory control by timely processing shipping and receiving paperwork as well as ADP transactions.
- Picking, packing, manifesting accurate quantity of parts in a timely manner.
- Assists Parts Manager on cycle counting.
- Open and process purchase orders for service on vehicles and ordering of some misc. shop and building supplies.
- Assists as necessary with moving product and may manually lift certain product (generally less than 70 pounds).
- Drives forklift when moving products as necessary.
- Assists customers and employees at the counter and answers phones when necessary.
- Handles all products according to customer and employer procedures.
- Possess ability to read and understand instructions and prepare written reports.
- Delivers parts for customers as necessary.
- Be safety conscious at all times and report safety questions/concerns.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Comply with policies and legal guidelines.
Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Experience and skills:
- Power material handling equipment experience and basic computer skills preferred, but not required.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer skills.
- Inventory control including shipping and receiving.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Requires valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report
- Moderate overtime and occasional weekend work required throughout the year.
- Significant hazards. Work includes using material handling equipment that must be operated according to specific operating procedures.
- Materials handled can include chemicals that if handled improperly could expose worker to health risks.
- Be able to lift up to 70 pounds on a non-regular basis.