Inside Parts Sales/Warehouse
Job Title: Inside Parts Sales/Warehouse
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm, will work Saturday rotation
Location: 5220 Harbor Drive – Sioux City, IA
Inquiries: Phone: (712) 252-0724
Toll Free: (800) 369-2653
At Mid-States Utility Trailer Sales, Inc. our motto is “It’s all about the people” and we want you to join our Team!
Mid-States Utility Trailer Sales, Inc. is one of the largest semi-trailer dealers in the U.S. today. We serve thousands of customers, both in and traveling through the Midwest, through our four locations in Omaha, NE; Sioux City, IA; Sioux Falls, SD; and Des Moines, IA.
The Inside Parts Sales/Warehouse position is responsible for assisting customers at the parts counter, partnering with outside sales to provide prices and quotes to ensure customer satisfaction, process sales, research product, initiate phone calls to customers to generate sales and also inspect, check in and put away inbound freight.
- Exhibit a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude with customers and be sensitive to their needs.
- Determine merchandise required by customer and suggest alternative and/or additional items related to the customer’s order.
- Create sales order post parts or RO’s
- Select appropriate merchandise from stock.
- Maintains a high level of product knowledge through product updates, technology changes, and industry trends.
- Receive payment or obtain credit information.
- Properly prepare merchandise for customer transportation.
- Maintain a clean and safe warehouse.
- Assist outside sales representatives with quotes and pricing.
- Keep abreast of new product information and upcoming product promotions.
- Research product information for customers.
- Initiate phone calls to customers highlighting specials and promotions.
- Inspect, check in, and put away inbound freight.
- Complete all required documentation of inbound and outbound documents.
- Drives Parts Truck as needed
- Picks up and delivers parts as required for the service and repair of trailers
- Handles all products according to customer and employer procedures
- Be safety conscious always and report safety questions/concerns to manager
- Maintain a clean working environment and company vehicle
- Comply with company policies and legal guidelines
- Any additional tasks assigned by Parts Manager
- Proven customer service experience and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the transportation industry with an emphasis on semi-trailer body, parts and service preferred
- Perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks (discounts vs markup, customer pricing, etc)
- Familiar with inventory and inventory control
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
- Valid Drivers’ license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report
- On the job training
- Quarterly Bonus program
- Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Company provided LTD/Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO & Holiday Pay – accrue up to 9 days of PTO in the first year
- 401(k) eligibility after 6 months of employment
- And more!
Mid-States Utility Trailer Sales, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer